Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Dr Pepper Prophecies' One-Year Anniversary!!

One of my favorite books is on sale this week! Grab a copy today! 

To celebrate The Dr Pepper Prophecies’ one-year anniversary since publication, Jennifer Gilby Roberts has put the Kindle version on sale 8-10 May 14 at 99c/99p! 


She’s also offering the chance to win one of two paperback copies through Goodreads 1-31 May 14.  The paperback is available to buy through Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

*****

25-year-old Mel Parker has a few tiny problems:
  • Her job is terrible
  • She's been dumped yet again
  • Her ex is now her boss
  • Her parents think she's a loser compared to her perfect younger sister
  • All her efforts to improve her life seem doomed to failure
  • Her best friend, Will, is in grave danger of being stolen away by his evil girlfriend
  • There just isn’t enough chocolate in the world to make up for the above.

So what do you do when you've pretty much given up on your own life? Help others, of course!

After all, what's the worst that can happen?

*****

My thoughts on The Dr Pepper Prophecies'...

I adored this book. I loved the characters, I loved the writing, I LOVED the humor. It was a feel good, brain-candy, escape, and it's been a long time since I've read one of those. I also love that it was clean. Very little swearing, no kinky parts. Too much of that going around these days. What a welcome change! It is rare to find good (real) chick-lit and I'm thrilled I've found this author. I will read more, most definitely.

1 comment